Push-to-Talk - Communication Software . . .
Push-to-Talk is a radio service for businesses that uses mobile phones instead of traditional 2-way radios. Like a 2-way radio, instant voice broadcasts can be made to everyone, but also on a one-to-one basis or to a small group of users. It can also be used as a regular mobile phone which avoids the need to carry a phone and a radio.
Push-to-Talk provides a simple, effective application that can be incorporated to current mobile devices, reducing the need for additional mobile radios, and by using the data channel on mobile networks to transmit the communication it provides fixed costs, global coverage and the ability to communicate even if the voice network is congested.
Push-to-Talk also provides the ability to see which user is available and offers an easy way of managing different user / work groups.
- Push-to-Talk works similarly to mobile radios but uses a mobile phone instead.
- Broadcast either on a one-to-one or one-to-many basis.
- Easy to implement and use with no training needed.
- Connects through an office PC, linking field staff with desk-based team members.
- Reduced call charges; pay only for the time you talk.
- By using the data channel of the mobile network, the cost of a call is based on time spent talking.
- Many organisations depend on their radio communication systems to co-ordinate staff. Because Push-to-Talk uses the mobile network, it is ideal as an alternative high availability service in the event of the primary radio network failing.
- Unlike a radio system, Push-to-Talk can be used in almost any location.
- Office based staff can directly support and manage field staff through their PC.
- Personnel tracking and location finding via GPS.
- Groups of workers have the ability to keep in constant contact with team members, wherever their location.
- Push-to-Talk phones can be fitted with earpieces for hands free communication. Greater Control
- Large numbers of temporary staff can be given mobile handsets for short periods.
- Phones can be configured for data-only use so that Push-to-Talk will continue to work.
push-to-talk...a natural extension to Tabs Mobile Systems