It’s March already and, as I write, the sun is streaming through Tabs windows. I hear birdsong, the laughter of office workers ambling down to the river for lunch and cogs turning in our development area next door.
The first quarter always seems to fly these days and I am pleased to report positive activity here in our Woolwich offices. We have a number of implementation projects running concurrently and are heavily involved in data management, asset tracking assignments and PAT Testing for clients.
I realise there is uncertainty in many organisations at present. Cutbacks and job losses give rise to fear and lack of confidence. Our own client base is representative of the bigger picture and I have spoken with individuals in difficult situations. However, as one door closes, another opens and with the right attitude we can all learn and grow in times of adversity.
Onwards and upwards...
While we know stability is a great attribute in a CAFM System, we also need to introduce change to support our client base. Recent enhancements to the system include:Reactive Maintenance
- Auto Email of Job Receipt – When a new job has been logged via the Tabs Intranet interface, requestors can now be automatically emailed a copy of their job receipt. Adding to the previous method of manually saving the receipt upon job request completion. Minor IT configuration required.
- New reports – 2 new reports have been added to the room booking system to display room information. The first report utilises the full space of an A4 sheet to display booking details. Ideal for fixing to meet room doors. The second report displays booking details for 3 bookings on an A4 sheet. Ideal for welcoming guests.
- Auto Email of Booking Receipt – If you are using the Tabs Intranet Room Booking system to book directly, users (booked by) can now receive automatic emails of booking confirmation. Minor IT configuration required.
- Catering Restrictions – New restrictions can now be enabled to prevent catering being added to bookings X hours prior to the booking time.
- Fortnightly bookings – A new option has been added to the intranet application to enable repetition of bookings or requests on a fortnightly basis.
- Visitor Badge Photo Capture – We’ve rebuilt our visitor badge photo capture tool in line with modern technology. The new utility supports many leading web cams for enhanced image clarity.
- Visitor Badge Printout – In line with the new image capture tool, we also developed a new visitor badge printout templates to mimic clients original designs. Please contact us should you require a custom badge template.
Exciting changes coming soon to our Mobile Solution. Keeps your eyes out for our next newsletter.
Introducing...Mobile Device Management
What is Mobile Device Management?
Simply put, it allows administrators or IT departments to control the use of mobile devices from a central location, including:
- Improved Security Control
- Remote Support/Control
- Device Tracking
- Device status management
- Low cost, all in one Mobile Device Management tool
- Scalable for any size deployment
- Functional over various connectivity
- Prevent disruptions to processes and increase productivity
- Reduce labour and support costs
- Simplify device management
Numerous mobile devices are connected to servers through Internet connections. Each device can be monitored and controlled via a desktop application with ease. This enables administrators or IT departments to review and resolve issues remotely, without the need for engineers to return to base. The system also provides a vast array of reports as standard.
Contact us for more information.
Dates for your diary
29-31 March (NEC) - MAINTEC gives industry professionals an efficient and highly effective opportunity to meet face-to-face with the sector’s most innovative people in one time efficient visit. (http://www.easyfairs.com/events_216/maintec-2011_11207/maintec_11208/)
17-19 May (NEC) - Facilities Show is the UK biggest and fastest growing FM Event. Organised in association with the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), The Facilities Show is the ideal place to meet face-to-face with 1000s of leading professionals eager to source new FM products and service providers.
(http://www.thefacilitiesshow.com/) Tabs FM will be exhibiting here.
29-30 June (Manchester Central) – Greenbuild EXPO will again provide an extensive programme of free seminars and debates covering all aspects of sustainability, to help the construction industry build and maintain in a more sustainable manner.
11-12 October (Olympia) – Total Workplace Management is the London based FM and Estates Management event.
(http://www.twmexpo.com/) Tabs FM will be exhibiting here.
1-2 November (Harrogate Int. Centre) - Healthcare Estates Conference and Exhibition is designed as THE complete event for everyone involved in the planning design, construction, management maintenance and operation of healthcare facilities.
6-7 April (Celtic Manor) – FM & Property Forum is held over the course of two days in the prestigious Celtic Manor Resort, South Wales, this event will explore the positive undercurrent of good news that resides, unnoticed beneath the surface of today's troubling headline
(http://www.fmandpropertyevent.com) Tabs FM will be participating in this prestigious event.
“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.” – Mitch Ratcliffe
"If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0" - Pat Rice